- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, no tails, no shells and deveined. (Fresh or frozen is fine) Raw shrimp will cook in the lime juice in 2 hours, but you can use a bag of cooked shrimp if you prefer
- 2 med. cucumbers
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 large ripe mango or 2 small
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 med. red onion
- 1 cup of key lime juice
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (can substitute 2 T of minced jalapeno from a jar)
- 1 large avocado
- Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips
- (CONTAINER #1) Dice shrimp into bite size pieces. If using frozen shrimp, rinse under water in a colander to thaw. Completely drain excess water from the shrimp. Pat dry with a paper towel if needed. Put shrimp into a container that has a lid.
- Pour 1 cup of key lime juice and 1/2 cup of orange juice over the shrimp and allow to “cook” for 2 hours if using raw shrimp. You’ll know the shrimp is cooked because the shrimp will turn to a pink color. Put the lid on the container and place in the fridge.
- (CONTAINER #2) Dice the onion and place into the container.
- Peel, dice the cucumbers and add to container #2
- Peel and dice the mango and add to container #2
- Dice the roma tomatoes and add to container #2
- Cut the jalapenos to remove the seeds. Chop into very tiny pieces and then add to container #2
- (CONTAINER #3) Cut the avocado lengthwise. Give it a twist to open. Remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado and cut into slices
- (CONTAINER #4) Wash and chop the cilantro. Cut with kitchen shears and put into container. If you are new to cilantro, normally, if I am cooking with cilantro, I use stems as well as the leaves, however in a dish like this, you want to mainly use just the leaves.
- 30 minutes before eating, combine the ingredients from container 1 and 2. Gently stir in about 3 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Put mixture into serving bowls. Garnish with cilantro and avocado slices. Serve with Tostitos Scoops (watch your portion size on this starch)
(Visited 156 times, 1 visits today)