Roasting vegetables at a high temperature causes them to caramelize on the outside without overcooking them on the inside. They are perfect when they start to brown a little on the edges. Place them in a single layer on the pan so they cook evenly.
Note: This side dish is perfectly paired with my Tilapia with Mango Salsa Recipe because I use a lot of the same vegetables in the mango salsa. This saves time and money.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 30 min
Servings: about 4
- 2 small zucchini (or 1 large), cut lengthwise into fourths, and then slice into bite size pieces
- 2 small yellow squash (or 1 large), sliced same as zucchini
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 small red onion (or half of a large), cut into wedges
- 1 package whole mushrooms, stems left on
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (or you can line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Mix all of the cut up vegetables and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until all the vegetables are covered.
- Add rosemary leaves, salt, pepper, and toss again.
- Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes, stirring once. You will know the vegetables are done when they are brown on the outside edges and tender on the inside.