Easy Turkey Sausage Balls Recipe…
This delicious recipe is so easy to make. You can make them the night before and just pop a few in the microwave in the morning before work or school. Use fresh ground turkey breast and make your own turkey sausage using spices you probably already have. Instead of rolling into little balls, which takes forever, I like to drop the mixture into a non-stick mini-muffin pan. This saves so much time.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you like hotter sausage, I always do)
- 1/2 cup of an all-purpose baking mix such as Bisquick
- 1 large egg gently mixed or 3 tablespoons of egg beaters
- 1 cup of reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Gently mix all spices together in a small bowl. (ingredients 2 through 8) brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, marjoram, and red pepper flakes.
- Place ground turkey in a mixing bowl and stir in the spices.
- Add egg mixture to the ground turkey mixture and stir
- Add the baking mix
- Add the cheddar cheese
- Mixture should be moist enough to drop by spoonful. If it is too stiff, add more egg. If the flour is not coating it enough, you can add more baking mix.
- Drop by spoonful into the mini-muffin pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on oven). Sausage balls will have a crispy exterior and soft interior.