Healthy Pina Colada Balls Recipe
If you like the Pina Colada LaraBar, you’ll love these yummy healthy Pina Colada balls which tastes even better and it’s cheaper to make your own. I love this recipe with just Macadamia nuts, but they are so expensive! So I use a mix of macadamia and cashew nuts. You could also use a combination of almonds and cashews. Enjoy!
- 6-8oz of unsweetened dried pineapple (gives it a nice tart flavor)
- 10 pitted dates (adds natural sweetener)
- 1/2 cup of roasted Macadamia nuts (unsalted or lightly salted)
- 1/2 cup of roasted Cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1 cup of unsweetened flaked coconut
- Prepare a large baking sheet by placing wax paper or parchment paper on it.
- Mix and chop dried pineapple and pitted dates in a food processor.
- Add the nuts and process until crushed and incorporated.
- Add the coconut flakes and continue to process until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape the dough from the edges of the processor bowl. The dough will be really sticky. Form into balls (or bars, if desired). Lay the balls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.