This delicious Greek Salad Recipe is a copycat recipe of the Spa Salad at Puleos Grille in Knoxville TN…
This copycat recipe of Puleo’s Grille “Spa Salad” is really yummy and flavorful. If you eat a lot of salads and are tired of the ordinary “house salad”, this is a great way to change it up. The secret to this salad is the homemade balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing using simple ingredients you probably already have.
You can make this a side salad to your entrée or add grilled marinated chicken to make it a meal. Adjust the portions of the ingredients below for the number of servings you plan to make.
- Spring mix – cut into bite size pieces
- Romaine lettuce – cut into bite size pieces
- Roma tomato – chopped
- Cucumber – peeled and diced
- Small red onion – cut into slivers (tip: you can soak red onion in ice water for 10 minutes to make it less sharp, then drain)
- Reduced-fat feta cheese – 1/2 tablespoon per serving
- Quartered marinated artichokes (in a can, found in canned veggie section) – about 4 pieces per serving of salad
- Roasted red peppers (in a jar, found near the pickle relish) – cut into bite size pieces. – about 2 tablespoons per serving
- Pepperoncini (in a jar, found near the pickle relish) – about 2 peppers per serving
- Pitted kalamata olives – 4 to 6 olives per serving
- Unsalted sunflower seeds – 1 tablespoon per serving
Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing ingredients:
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Basil – 1/2 tsp dried
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a shaker, put in fridge to chill
- In a bowl, gently toss all the salad ingredients
- Add 1 tablespoon of dressing per serving to the salad mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Put mixture into bowls and serve