Fast Breakfast Foods:
- Egg-white omelet – Make it with last night’s leftover vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, zucchini, squash or broccoli) and low-fat cheddar cheese. Feel free to experiment with different combinations. Top your omelet with raw diced tomato because it is loaded with lycopene… a powerful antioxidant.
- Boiled egg with 2 slices of wheat toast. Save yourself time in the morning by boiling the eggs the night before.
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – If you let bananas get too ripe, don’t throw them away! Instead… peel the banana and put in the freezer to use in smoothies. Blend 1 frozen banana, 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, 1 cup of almond milk (which keeps longer in the fridge than regular milk), and a few ice cubes. (Add a scoop of your favorite chocolate or vanilla protein powder for an extra protein boost!)
- Low-fat bran muffin – add a side of yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit stirred in
- Microwave Eggs – There are special dishes for microwaving eggs in under 2 minutes. Make it a healthy version of the Egg McMuffin Sandwich by adding a slice of Canadian bacon, a slice of tomato and low-fat cheese and placing on a whole wheat English muffin.
- Oatmeal mixed with cranberries, 1/2 chopped apple, cinnamon and pecans.
- Cheesy oatmeal – cook oatmeal, then stir in a dash of red pepper flakes (or chipotle pepper flakes) and shredded cheddar cheese
- Multigrain pancakes topped with fresh blueberries. You can make the pancakes ahead of time, wrap them individually, and freeze. Then take one out of the freezer to toast.
- English Muffin Egg Pizzas – Toast English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-cooked egg slices and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt. Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Yogurt and Granola Parfait – Place granola in the bottom of a parfait glass. Spoon plain yogurt on top. Drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup
- Peach Pie Smoothie – In a blender put.. low-fat milk, almond milk or yogurt. Add frozen peaches, honey, vanilla extract, a pinch of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Hot baked apple – core and slice an apple and place pieces in a microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle with a pack of Truvia sweetener, ground cinnamon, ground apple pie spice or ground nutmeg.
- Breakfast Burrito – Scramble 2 egg whites, ¼ cup black beans, 2 T of salsa, and 2 T of shredded cheddar cheese. Wrap the cooked mixture in a 1 small whole-wheat tortilla.
- PB and J – A peanut butter jelly sandwich on whole-wheat bread
- A stick of Sargentos Light string cheese, walnuts and grapes
(Visited 125 times, 1 visits today)