Do you sometimes crave Buffalo wings or Hot Sauce?
Many people find themselves craving buffalo wings or just hot sauce in general. It’s perfectly normal because hot sauces cause your body to release endorphins which cause a natural high. Hot sauce also raises your metabolism. Sweet! Hot sauce has zero calories, but it is somewhat high in sodium. So go ahead and put hot sauce on your eggs, chicken and other foods, but remember not to add additional salt because it’s already in there.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
This really easy buffalo chicken salad recipe will satisfy your craving for buffalo sauce and is a healthy alternative to eating chicken wings (which have skin on them that is very high in fat!)
To make things really easy, I like to take a large family pack of chicken breasts (or chicken tenderloin in this case) and cook it on the grill and then serve it in a variety of ways over the next couple of days. This way you don’t have to cook every night of the week, but you can still eat healthy when you find yourself strapped for time. Simply pull out a portion of cooked chicken (about the size of a bar of soap or 2-3 tenderloin) and serve it with a salad or with steamed veggies throughout the week.
- Chicken Tenderloin or chicken breasts
- Buffalo sauce. I personally love Frank’s Buffalo Sauce.
- Salad mix… romaine hearts, or American blend work just fine. I use a mix of both.
- Celery, chopped into small pieces
- Carrots, shredded
- Green onions, chopped
- Reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles (such as Treasure Cave brand)
Ingredients (for healthy Blue-cheese dressing)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Optional: If you don’t want to make homemade blue cheese dressing, pick up a jar of my favorite blue cheese yogurt dressing… Opa Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cook the chicken on the grill until it is no longer pink. Flip halfway through the cooking process to get grill marks on both sides.
- Slice cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the chicken in the buffalo sauce to coat.
- Combine the salad greens, celery, shredded carrots, green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
- Toss with1-2 Tablespoons of the blue cheese dressing.
- Place salad in individual bowls and top with the hot buffalo chicken pieces. Enjoy!