Grilled Chicken Salad with Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing – Chick-fil-a copycat recipe grilled chicken salad with healthy avocado lime ranch dressing…
I love Chick-fil-a’s grilled chicken salads, but most of their dressings are really unhealthy. They are high in fat, calories and made with unhealthy ingredients such as soybean oil. So I put together a salad recipe that tastes just as good as the Market Salad and is very healthy.
Ingredients for Chicken Marinade:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or Szechuan pepper
Preparation of Chicken:
- Put chicken in a sealable food storage bag. In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and pour into the bag with the chicken and seal the bag. Shake to combine. Pound the bag of chicken lightly with a food mallet, then transfer to the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the bag of chicken from the refrigerator.
- Place the pieces of chicken breasts onto the grill or on a preheated grill pan on medium/high. Discard the marinade. Turn the chicken after 4 minutes and cook an additional 4 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. The total time will be about 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Cut cooked chicken into strips and put on prepared salad mixture (see next steps).
- Prewashed chopped salad greens. Chick-fil-a’s market salad has a combination of romaine lettuce, baby field greens with shredded red cabbage and carrots.
- You can use a variety of your favorite greens including baby spinach, butter lettuce and iceberg lettuce.
- Strawberries – quartered
- Red and Green apples – chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- Red grapes
- Reduced Fat Blue-cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon (per each bowl) of unsalted sunflower seeds, pecans or almonds.
- 1 teaspoon of healthy low-sugar granola, optional
Ingredients of Copycat Chick-fil-a Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of key lime juice or juice from 1 lime (Depending on your taste. See preparation below)
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic or 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- small pinch of Kosher salt for taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
To prepare the Avocado lime ranch dressing:
In a food processor, purée the avocado, greek yogurt, 1/2 of the lime juice, and garlic. Add olive oil, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste the dressing and add more lime juice if desired. (Remember… you can always add more but you can’t take away)