Buffalo Chicken Balls Recipe…
If you love buffalo sauce, chicken wings and just spicy foods in general, you will LOOOOVE this Buffalo chicken balls recipe. They are insanely good and you eat them with a toothpick so you won’t get messy like you would if you were eating chicken wings.
If you don’t like spicy foods, you need to start liking them because capsaicin which is found in all peppers speeds up your metabolism and helps you to burn fat. So put a little hot sauce on everything, starting with your eggs in the morning.
Now for the sauce…. my personal preference is Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. There is nothing that compares to its richness and creaminess. No Texas Pete. No Kroger generic brand. Just my opinion.
These meatballs are perfect for football parties, kid’s sleepovers and just an easy dinner idea when you run out of ideas. Double the recipe because they are really good leftover.
Tip for delicious celery: Celery at a restaurant always seems to taste so much better than store-bought celery which tastes bitter. To remove the bitter taste, wash and cut the celery. Place celery in a food container with water and ice. Then add about 1/4 cup of sugar to the water. Cover the container with a lid and place in the freezer while you prepare the buffalo chicken ball recipe below. Before serving, remove the celery from the water mixture and place on a serving plate. The result is really cold celery sticks with great flavor!
- 1 lb of ground chicken breast
- ¼ c of chopped white onion
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- ¼ c of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Side dish: Celery
- Dip: Opa’ Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- In a bowl, combine chopped onion, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, pepper and salt
- Add ground chicken breast and mix until blended
- Roll into about 20 meatballs
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly. You may even want to broil it for the last minute to give it a crispier exterior
- Heat the Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce in a saucepan until warm. Add cooked meatballs and stir to coat each meatball. Simmer for 5 minutes so the meatballs can absorb the sauce
- Serve hot with toothpicks.
- Serve with celery sticks and yogurt blue cheese dressing for dip. Enjoy!