There are 10 reasons you should start drinking Hot Lemon Water now:
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C which helps to fight colds, the flu and boosts your immune system.
- Lemon juice helps with weight loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber which helps fight hunger cravings. Drink a glass before each meal to control over-eating.
- Lemon juice is a diuretic and increases the rate of urination in the body therefore toxins are released at a faster rate. This helps if you have fluid retention or are suffering from urinary tract infections.
- Water with lemon has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems.
- Lemon water purges excess sodium and other toxins from the body.
- It purifies the liver and kidneys by eliminating toxins and waste products.
- It contains the essential minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium. Calcium makes your bones stronger. Magnesium reverses osteoporosis, is great for your heart and treats migraines, insomnia and depression. Potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps to control blood pressure.
- Lemon water has been known to relieve asthma and allergies.
- By removing toxic waste in your system, your skin will look cleaner and clearer.
- Lemon water reduces inflammation. If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it will decrease the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. It removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
How much to use:
Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 2 tablespoons) to 1 cup (8 oz) of very warm water. Note: the name is HOT lemon water, however, you do not want to use hot water which is safe for you. The water just needs to be a nice and tolerable warm temperature. You may hate it the first several times you drink it, but most people get to use to it and love it after a couple of weeks. Do not put your lemon rind in the water because of any pesticides, etc.. You will get the most benefits if you can taste the lemon juice. So get ready to pucker up! Add a little honey if you find the taste absolutely intolerable. The lemon’s acid may be harmful to the enamel of your teeth, so rinse your mouth out or brush your teeth after drinking a glass. Drink the lemon water 3 times per day… one in the morning before you eat breakfast, one during the day and the last cup at night before bedtime. Throw your rinds in the garbage disposal to give it a fresh smell.
What if I don’t have fresh lemons? Can I use lemon juice?
Real lemons are best but they are not always available. In my personal testing, I have found that the plastic lemons that are 100% lemon juice in the produce section work just as well but the bottled lemon juice does not work well for me. Feel free to do your own testing. Add about 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice to your warm water.